Italian Cheese Crate
Treat party guests or your favorite foodie to five exceptional kinds of Italian cheese. This impressive collection features a grappa-washed Brescianella, a buttery buffalo milk robiola, a buffalo milk Pirano marbled with dessert wine, a goat's milk blue cheese rubbed with berries and rose petals, and a distinctive aged provolone. The irresistible assortment arrives ready for gift-giving in our reusable wooden crate.
- 3 lb. food total.
- Shipped chilled.
- Cheese is made in Italy.
- Crate is made in China.
- Because the items in this collection are crafted in limited quantities, we may occasionally need to make substitutions with similar items of equal quality.
SET INCLUDES (SEE MORE INFO TAB FOR DETAILS):
- Aged Brescianella all'Acuavite
- Robiola die Bufala – Geotrichum
- Pirano Aged in Passito Wine
- Ol Sciur
- Provolone Mandarone
- Reusable Wooden Crate
DIMENSIONS & MORE INFO
- Aged Brescianella all'Acuavite: A Lombardian specialty, this velvety, pungent cow's milk cheese is washed with locally produced grappa, aged for several weeks and covered in rye seeds that have been soaked in grape must. (8.8 oz.)
- Robiola die Bufala – Geotrichum: This decadently rich, creamy cheese is made with buffalo milk and geotrichum candidum, then aged to produce a buttery interior covered in a crinkly, edible rind. (9.6 oz.)
- Pirano Aged in Passito Wine: Marbled with Passito dessert wine, this cheese is made with pasteurized water buffalo milk and aged to create its aromatic, tangy-sweet flavor and delicately crystalline texture. (12 oz.)
- Ol Sciur: Featuring an approachable mellow flavor, this raw goat's milk blue cheese has a brine-washed rind that's rubbed with mashed berries and rose petals to create a crimson hue and sweet aromas. (8.8 oz.)
- Provolone Mandarone: This distinctive Lombardian cheese is prepared with cow's milk and matured for more than a year to develop a firm texture and bold flavor with notes of caramel and hazelnut. (8.8 oz.)
- Reusable Wooden Crate: Crafted of durable wood, this reusable crate has a sliding top and our logo on the side. (13 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 4" high)
- Cheese ships chilled with gel/ice packs.
- Upon receipt, immediately remove cheese from shipping container and store unopened in refrigerator for up to 14 days. Cheese is best stored in vegetable bin or container away from refrigerator fan.
- To experience full flavor of cheese, serve at room temperature.
- For optimal flavor and texture, remove cheese from refrigerator approx. 1 hour before serving. We recommend leaving cheese in packaging as it comes to room temperature to prevent oxidation, which may affect flavor.
- Cut and set out only as much cheese as you plan to serve, returning unused amount to refrigerator.
- Cover leftover cheese in parchment paper or waxed paper and store in refrigerator. We do not recommend using plastic wrap.
- Aged Brescianella all'Acuavite: Cow's milk, salt, calf rennet, rye seeds, wheat germ, grape must.
- Robiola die Bufala – Geotrichum: Buffalo milk, salt, rennet, geotrichum candidum.
- Pirano Aged in Passito Wine: Buffalo milk, salt, raisin wine rennet.
- Ol Sciur: Goat's milk, penicillium, salt, rennet, mixed berries, rose petals.
- Provolone Mandarone: Cow's milk, salt, kid or lamb rennet.
Please note that our made-to-order perishable food items are not eligible for next-day shipping – and they cannot be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states or to P.O. Boxes.
While we appreciate your order, we're not responsible for shipping delays due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather conditions or natural disasters.
We're also not responsible for any delay or failure to deliver due to an incorrect or incomplete shipping address.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
We're not able to provide returns or cancellations on any food products, which are final sale items.
Please note that orders can't be cancelled once they have been processed or shipped.